Monday, March 8, 2010

I'm torturing my students....Muahhhhh (that's my evil laugh!)

 
Tomorrow, March 9, 2010 is the day that the torture begins! I am asking my students to "unplug." I am challenging my students to go ONE ENTIRE DAY without using TECHNOLOGY!  (GASP!)  
This assignment is an experiment.  The last few weeks we've been studying our digital footprints and discussing how technology has changed all aspects of our lives.  However, through these discussions we've discovered that many kids feel that some modern day technology wastes their time.  They spend so much time on Facebook or texting that they miss out on other things.  

Tomorrow as they attempt to go one whole day without technology I'm asking them to keep a log of their reactions and struggles while they do this.  Of course if they have to use technology for a class or homework I told them they should but they need to journal that they had to do it and why. 

I'm also going to try and do this, which is going to be a challenge since so much of my daily activities involve the computer - but I'm going to do the same thing I'm asking my students to do.

I'll report back on Wednesday about how it went!  Would you be able to go a whole day without using any technology?

No comments:

Post a Comment