Thursday, April 1, 2010

The War is OVER!

Restaurant Wars was fun, awesome, a ton of work, and stressful!  It was great but I am glad that it's over.  

The kids did a great job setting up their stations and bringing in food samples.  We had everything from cookies, to BLT's, to smoothies, to venison (I'm not kidding)!  I don't think many teachers have the experience of having a student grill venison in her classroom -it was intense!
The investors came to judge and the kids did a tremendous job pitching their idea. I was really proud of them. I was also grateful to the principal and vice principals for coming up and checking out the stations all day long.  I know that means a lot to the kids when their hard work is noticed by their teachers and administrators. 

Here are a few pictures:
Some delicious cupcakes waiting to be tasted!


Potato skins and wings.


Very professional looking menus. 


A restaurant design where the tables slowly rotate so guests can get a view of New York City!

An amazing design concept. (I wish you could see the drawings!) They incorporated a layout, tile, paint and flooring examples and decor examples.  Excellent!


Cake promoting a restaurant name!

AND...
This is what my room looked like for most of the day:



We were packed into the room but everyone was wonderful and the day was a great success!  

Until next year.... :)  

Hope everyone has a great spring break!




No comments:

Post a Comment