Thursday, September 15, 2011

Student Quotes on writing - GOOD STUFF

I had the students complete a "writing interview" with themselves so that I could get a better idea of how they feel about writing and what they would like to learn about writing this year.  Those interviews were great and honest and here are some of the best quotes that I was able to pull from them.


Writing Advice
By students of room 227



“ It’s easier to write about myself.” – Rivas

“Always brainstorm before you write.” – Sica

“I would tell them not to rush.” – Mohamed

“READ – you need to be a good reader to be a good writer.” – Smith

“When you write you should describe your senses, tell what you hear, see, feel, and smell.” –Caselnova
                                   
“Just let if flow and don’t think it.” – Chute

“READ. That is my advice to students.  Read other people’s writing and yours will get better.” – Connelly

“Think about what you write and try to paint visual pictures of the story in your head.” – Sobotor






Why do you write?

“ I especially like to write about the symbolism behind the author’s words.” – Schluter

“I write because I like to remember what’s happening.  I want to look back and remember that event, that feeling I had on that day.” – Rivera

“People sometimes write to feel comfortable to feel as though they have someone to talk to, to express their feelings.” – Baldini

“When you write sometimes you have no idea what you want to say, sometimes it just comes to you.” – Daly

“ I write because it gives a passage way for my feelings and emotions…” – Crimando

“Writers are artists.” – Buchanan

“I write occasionally when I’m not at school if I have a random great idea.” – Purvey

“I get my inspiration from how I’m feeling and watching people live their everyday life.” – Waitzman

“When I write I feel as if the world dissolves around me, and all I can hear are my thoughts and the clicking of the keyboard…” – Cuan
How can I help you?

“Teach me how to like writing.” –Sica

“You can help me by showing me examples and techniques.” – Rivera

“Let us write about things we enjoy so we apply more effort.” – Grove

“Writing different types of things would make me a better writer.”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment