Monday, January 23, 2012

Research paper deadline is approaching!

The Multi-Genre research papers are due on Wednesday, February 1st!   The kids are starting to get nervous and feel pressure to get the paper done.  This makes me a little upset because they have had three weeks to work on this in class and their homework each night was to spend 15 minutes working on some aspect of their paper.  For weeks I've warned them about the importance of spending some time at home working on this assignment but unfortunately many kids don't take my advice.

What they don't understand is that if they don't spend small amounts of time throughout the process then they will be crunched to get it done at the last minute.  I know that in 8th grade there is A LOT going on but time management has to come into play at some point to prepare them for high school and to avoid the night before, up all night, writing marathon.

That being said this week will be spent continuing to work on their rough drafts and I will meet with each student daily to review their rough drafts with them and to sign their checklists.  What I have seen so far looks great and I'm excited to read the final products!

No comments:

Post a Comment