Thursday, February 2, 2012

In Leah's Wake - adult book review


In Leah's Wake
By Terri Giuliano Long
This was another inexpensive Kindle buy and it was interesting for me to read for a few reasons.  It's about a teenage girl who is successful in school and in soccer but at some point she stops caring about everything, falls in with the wrong crowd, and finds her life in a downward spiral.  I thought this was interesting because it shows that kids who get involved with drugs or end up down a dangerous path don't always come from a dysfunctional family.  For the last 9 1/2 years I've taught teenagers and it was interesting to read a book about a "good kid gone bad" because once or twice I've seen it happen and wondered how it could.  As a Mom to little kids it really makes me think about the trying times that are inevitably waiting for us.  This was a decent book and I did find it interesting. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment